The Pegasus Rising Project provides a beautiful home to the Pegasus Rising Herd, and offers Equine Assisted Experiential Health Therapy and Volunteer programs to the community — all because of our dedicated volunteers.
Become a Volunteer Horse Caregiver
If you can commit to contributing at least one 1.5 hour shift per week, you may apply to work directly with our herd in their care and feeding in the Lake Wohlford Escondido area at the Escondido Equestrian Center for Natural Horsemanship in North County, San Diego.
Qualified candidates will receive an interview, caregiver training, and may eventually become eligible for training by Pegasus in a relationship-based way of interacting with horses.
Meet Some of Our Volunteer Horse Caregivers
Volunteer horse caregiving is a healing and rewarding experience — see what our volunteers have said!
1) Read the Volunteer Caregiver Requirements
2) Read and complete the Volunteer Caregiver Application and Liability Waiver and Agreement forms
3) Email the above two forms to Inquiry@pegasusrising.org or via U.S. mail at P.O. Box 8562, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067.
Join the Management Team
Fuel your passion for horses and helping others by putting your professional experience to work in any of these areas:
Promotional and Story Writing
Website Design & Development
HD Videography (with own equipment)
Documentary Film Editing (with own equipment)
1) Read and complete the Management Team Application and Liability Waiver and Agreement forms
2) Email the completed forms to Inquiry@pegasusrising.org or via U.S. mail at P.O. Box 8562, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067.